Vasavi Skin Center is the best place for acne treatment. Our experts will help you get rid of your acne and have clear skin.
ACNE TREATMENT AT VASAVI SKIN CENTER
What is Acne?
Acne is a common skin condition where the pores of your skin become blocked by hair, sebum (an oily substance), bacteria, and dead skin cells. Those blockages produce blackheads, whiteheads, Nodules, and cysts.
Who does acne affect?
Though it mainly affects teenagers and young adults undergoing hormonal changes, many people continue struggling with acne into their 20s,30s, and beyond. Some even develop acne for the first time as adults.
What causes acne?
Acne is primarily a hormonal condition driven by androgen hormones, which typically become active during teenage and young adulthood. Sensitivity to these hormones-combined with surface bacteria on the skin and fatty acids within oil glands-can result in acne.
Can acne be prevented?
Preventing acne is difficult, if not impossible, during regular hormonal changes. But some things can help:
- Wash your face daily with warm water and a mild facial cleanser.
- Routinely use moisturizer.
- You don’t have to stop using makeup but try to use “non-comedogenic” products and remove makeup at the end of each day.
- Keep your hands away from your face.
Where does acne most commonly occur?
The most common spots where you might have acne are your face, forehead, chest, shoulders, and upper back. Oil glands are all over your body, but those are the places where there are the most.
Certain things can cause acne and/or make it worse:
- Fluctuating hormone levels around the time of a woman’s period.
- Picking at acne sores.
- Clothing and headgear, like hats and sports helmets.
- Air pollution and certain weather conditions, exceptionally high humidity.
- Using oily or greasy personal care products (like heavy lotions, creams or hair pomades, and waxes)
- Stress, which increases the hormone cortisol, can also cause acne to flare
- Some medications
- Diet in acne- high glycemic food, sugars, oil, and high-fat western food increase acne. Food rich in Vit A, Vit D, and zinc helps improve acne.
Management of acne
We give personalized treatment depending on the type and severity of acne. It includes topical and/or oral medication.
- Chemical peel
- Comedone extraction
- Light therapy